We are looking for a hands-on, forward-thinking, organizational superstar to add to our growing team at Holdfast Pictures. With many exciting projects in the works, we are looking for someone able to work independently to run administration, handle correspondence, track deadlines and deliverables, write grant applications, and essentially keep several spinning plates on the go at the same time (figuratively speaking, though if you can actually spin plates, we’ll be impressed!) This is a demanding and important position, and an ideal candidate is keen to learn the business side of the film industry while also being enthusiastic and confident in their support role.
· 2+ years of comparable experience in the film and television industry;
· Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Strong attention to detail;
· Ability to work independently and proactively with little supervision;
· Strong work ethic and a great attitude;
· Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly;
· Proficiency in MS Office and G Suite required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assisting the Managing Director and Director of Development in the daily operations of the business;
· Responding to email inquiries in a timely manner;
· Assisting with booking meetings and overseeing the Managing Director’s schedule;
· Assisting with filing applications for various grants, forums, etc.;
· Researching and booking travel for Managing Director and Director of Development;
· Assembling documentation for tax credit administration and CAVCO applications;
· Tracking reporting deadlines for funders and assembling supporting documentation for final submissions;
· Sorting, filing, and retrieving both electronic and print documents, records and reports;
· Assisting in monthly bookkeeping by assembling receipts and providing backup for all transactions;
· Liaising with producing partners to coordinate shipments for various productions;
· Maintaining and regularly updating company website;
· Other administrative duties, as required.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: “Producer’s Assistant Position” by Friday, July 21st, 2017.
Job Type: Full-time; 6 Month Contract with option to renew.
About Holdfast Pictures
Holdfast Pictures is a Canadian production company dedicated to championing scripted dramatic work from exceptional storytellers. The company’s films have won awards around the world, including at the Toronto International Film Festival and Cannes Junior at Festival de Cannes, and have screened at venues from Berlinale to the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
Holdfast Pictures develops, produces and finances film and television for the international market, with a focus on stories with heart and edge that have the potential for both critical and commercial success.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Development